The Academic Outreach programs support teachers and volunteers by providing tools that demonstrate how project management can be applied. These tools include practical application tools, presentations, academic courseware, and judging/coaching/mentoring. Both PMI Global and PMI Phoenix local chapter have resources to share with our academic partners. Resources include:
Project Kickoff from PMI Globalhttps://www.pmi.org/kickoff - This is a free 45-minute course available to all learners. The course allows learners to understand the difference between Waterfall and Agile methodologies, as well as understand the basics of project management. This interactive courseware adds a element of fun as the learner works to set up a virtual project and uses checkpoints to test their learning.
Project Management Ready Certificationhttps://www.pmi.org/certifications/pmi-project-management-ready - Project Management Ready is the perfect way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and connect with other professionals. The PMI Project Management Ready certification will present students with the tools needed to succeed in a wide range of career paths and day to day activities.
PMI Study Hall™
- https://www.pmi.org/landing/pmi-study-hall - Meet the ultimate PMP study buddy! PMI Study Hall™ is our newest tool designed to support your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam preparation – and have some fun along the way. It includes practice questions, a game center, and quick-read articles that allow you to take notes, bookmark key topics and track your progress. Plus, the offering provides two full-length and 15 mini practice exams which put you on the path to PMP success.
- https://www.pmi.org/learning/academic-research/project-management-curriculum-and-resources - Access proven materials that have been developed "by faculty for faculty". Materials include case studies, courses, classroom activities, and projects.
Science Fair Judging/Mentoring
- PMI Phoenix Academic Outreach is continually looking for ways to give back to our community. One such way is having our members provide educational mentoring and assistance to students so that they can get feedback from project management professionals. PMI Phoenix supports Arizona schools within its territory for these endeavors.
- https://pmiphx.org/blog/science--engineering-fair-pvsef-2022-7155 – PMI Phoenix values our volunteer involvement. Hear from one volunteer on how the experience was enriching and encouraging.
Interested in how PMI Phoenix can assist?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.