05 September 2020 at 09:00PM
Chapter Membership Auto Renewal Changes
- Similar to a PMI Membership, when you complete a Chapter Membership purchase, your Chapter Membership will now be automatically opted-in for auto
- If you are a current PMI Member (and enrolled in auto-renew), and you complete a purchase for a new Chapter Membership, then the Chapter Membership will automatically be enrolled in auto
- Your Chapter Membership will move onto the same cycle as your existing PMI Membership renewal
- If you wish to opt-out of the Chapter auto-renewal post-purchase, you must opt-out in your myPMI Please be advised that opting out of Chapter Membership auto-renew will cancel auto-renew for Chapter Membership only.
- Opting out of auto-renew for PMI Membership will cancel auto-renew for both your Chapter Membership and PMI
- Please note that Student and Retiree PMI Memberships require manual renewal. Auto-renew is not an
- If you opt-out of auto-renew for your PMI Membership and later return to renew manually, the system should NOT automatically opt you in for auto-renew going forward. You will not be required to save your payment details to complete
- Existing Chapter Memberships and PMI Memberships will continue to auto-renew in USD only (until December 2020).
Chapter Membership Auto-Renewal FAQs
- Am I able to complete a purchase without opting in for auto-renew? No, you may not complete your purchase without opting in. If you wish to opt-out of the auto-renew, you may do so in your myPMI profile after
- Am I able to opt-out of the auto-renew after purchase? Yes, you may opt-out at any point after your purchase is complete. You can navigate to your myPMI profile and cancel the auto-renew for both Chapter and PMI
- Can I opt-out of Chapter Membership auto-renewal but stay opted in for PMI Membership auto-renewal? Yes, in your myPMI profile you can cancel auto-renew for Chapter and keep PMI Membership auto-renew. However, if you opt-out of PMI Membership auto-renew, it will automatically opt you out of Chapter Membership auto
Chapter Membership Purchase Restrictions
To prevent a customer from buying a Chapter Membership twice or purchasing a Chapter Membership for an undesired short duration, there are new rules to restrict Chapter Membership purchases and improve the Chapter Membership experience.
- When you attempt to purchase or renew a Chapter Membership you will be restricted from purchasing/renewing a Chapter Membership if you do not hold an active PMI Membership and/or do not have a Membership product in your
- If you are a PMI Member who is eligible for renewal (i.e. in the last 3 months of your current membership), you must have a PMI Membership renewal product in the Cart in order to purchase any Chapter
- If you purchase a Chapter Membership after purchasing a PMI Membership, its renewal cycle will automatically align to the PMI Membership auto-renewal
Chapter Membership Purchase Restrictions FAQs
- I already am a member of Chapter Why am I not able to purchase a Chapter Membership for Chapter B? In order to purchase a Chapter Membership, you must be a PMI Member concurrently. If you are within the renewal period for your PMI Membership, which is the last 3 months of the term, you need to renew your PMI Membership or have a PMI Membership product in the Cart to be able to purchase a new Chapter Membership.
- Why am I being prevented from renewing my Chapter Membership? It may be too early to renew your Chapter Membership. The renewal period for your Chapter Membership is during the last 3 months of the membership term. If this is the case, since you are a current member of the Chapter, you may not renew the Chapter Membership until your eligible renewal
- Why did I lose the contents of the Cart when I removed a PMI Membership product? If your Cart had both a PMI Membership and a Chapter Membership and you removed the PMI Membership, your Cart may have cleared if you are in the renewal period for your PMI Membership (i.e. within the last 3 months) and are thus not eligible to purchase a Chapter Membership unless you also have a PMI Membership renewal product in your