02 October 2020 at 07:00PM
Letter from the President
It’s October and the temperatures are finally starting to fall. This is typically one of my favorite months of the year. I look forward to spending more time outside and enjoying the weather that everyone to the north of us will envy come winter.
What’s happening this month.
- We have two webinars planned on October 7th and 14th. Please check the chapter calendar and reserve your spot. These webinars are free to members and are worth 1 PDU each.
- Our last study group of the year is underway and is full of approximately 45 aspiring PMP/CAPM applicants.
- We have two ProjectMasters Toastmasters meetings that happen every other Tuesday.
- We also have a partner event with IIBA on Oct. 13th on “Cybersecurity – Who needs it?”
- PMI has a Virtual Experience Event planned for October 20th.
- We have a Breakfast Meeting with speaker Barbara Chatzkel on “Managing Remote Teams” on October 30th.
What’s coming up.
We are busy planning for November which is Project Management Month. Typically, we do a week, but we have so many great events packed into November we decided to expand it. We have partnered with Arizona Agile for their conference and training sessions on November 3 – 13. We also have an all-member meeting planned for November 18th with a special guest speaker J. Scott, CEO of 120 VC on “Servant Leadership that Get’s Sh*t Done”.
The chapter is also busy planning for next year. We have an all-member survey that will go out on October 15. Please take the time to complete it and provide us feedback on what you would like to see the chapter doing next year.
We also are always looking for volunteers. This chapter is run by volunteers and the ability to present programs is based on the number of people we have available to do that. If you have the time and want to give back to the profession and earn some PDU’s then please fill out an application on the chapter website.
A few members have asked about when we will hold in-person meetings. This is being evaluated on a month by month basis by the chapter. We want to get back to the way things were just as bad as you do but we are non-essential and can meet remotely with relative ease and will continue to do so until it is safe and reasonable to meet in person.