01 November 2020 at 11:00AM
November 2020 Letter from the President
The PMI Phoenix Chapter Board has started planning for next year. To that end, we are soliciting your feedback in the annual all-member survey. We will run this survey until November 15th to solicit your feedback on the chapter and use that to assist us in planning for next year. You can take the survey here.
The board will be in attendance at the virtual Chapter All Member Meeting on November 18. We will review the progress on our goals for this year and review our plan for next year. I hope you will be able to attend. We have an excellent presentation scheduled for that evening from our Guest Speak J. Scott, the CEO of 120VC, and his presentation on “Servant Leadership that Get’s Sh*t Done”. Please register here to attend.
November is Project Management Month! We have a full calendar this month. I hope you can join us for one of the many events we have planned.
- We have partnered with Agile Arizona this year and members will receive a discount on registration. Login to the website and check out our discounts page here.
- International Project Management Day is November 5th and IIL has a full day event planned that is also available on demand. You can register for it here.
- We have partnered with IIBA for an event on 11/10 for “Effective Visual Presentation Skills” by Tom Otstot.
- Our Wednesday Webinar series will continue on 11/11 with Drew Middelton and Kornelia Homewood from Kolme Group and their presentation “Project Managers need to be Change Managers”.
- Our Breakfast Meeting is on Nov 20th due to the holiday. Our guest speaker is Balinda Strosnider and her topic is “How Train Difficult Stakeholders Like You Would Train a Bird of prey”.
I hope everyone is able to take time and spend it with family going into the holiday season. This has been a difficult year and I know for some it has been extremely difficult. The chapter is giving back to the community with our food drive for St. Mary’s Food Bank. If you can please contribute.