05 September 2020 at 09:00PM
Letter from the President
This is my first letter to you in the role of President. It’s a little earlier than expected as I was not due to assume this role until the end of the year. Cory has elected to step out of the role early to focus on some health issues. Cory will move to the role of past president and will still be engaged with the chapter. Cory has been an asset to the chapter for many years and I will continue to rely on her for counsel.
We are continuing to offer remote classes and webinars to the chapter membership. I hope you have been able to take advantage of a few. If not, then you can always view the recordings on the website if you find yourself needing some additional PDU’s or just are looking to brush up on a specific topic.
I have talked to quite a few members over the last few months that didn’t realize they had not renewed their chapter membership. If you had to renew this year your membership may not have auto-renewed. PMI recently upgraded to a new E-Commerce platform and I understand that it is fixed moving forward but you may want to check your membership status at https://my.pmi.org/ to ensure that your membership is current. We have an article on this topic on the website.
We have some great events planned this month.
- PMI’s Virtual Experience series is free to members on September 9th with an opportunity to earn 10.5 PDU’s.
- Ted@PMI has a two-day event planned for 9/25 and 9/26.
- Kim Essendrup with the Kolme Group is presenting a webinar on “How Much Does a PPM Tool Cost?” on September 16th.
- We have our final Study Group for the year starting on September 12th. We have a few seats left open but I expect those to be filled this week.
- We wrap up the month with a special multichapter event with 8 global chapters with a panel book club covering 3 books on Digital Transformation on 9/25.
We also just completed the 2020 Board election. Congratulations to the new and returning board members heading into 2021. Congratulations to the following four newly elected board members:
- Deniese Reinhardt, Vice-President of External Relations
- Joseph Brewer, Vice-President of Technology
- Christopher Gentry, Vice-President of Programs
- Eileen Marin, Vice-President of Virtual Locations
Deniese and Joseph are already serving in their roles. Christopher and Eileen are new to the board and will start their transition this year.
The PMI Phoenix Chapter is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to giving back to the profession and our community. If you have time to offer even a couple of hours a month, please reach out and fill out a volunteer application.
PMI Phoenix Chapter