#GSDTalk | Transformational Program & Portfolio Leadership that #GSD
GOVERNANCE IS DEAD.
In the ancient days of quality control, when we needed humans to "DO" rather than "THINK" to get a product to market, governance might have been the perfect solution. But today, innovation requires people to use their collective brainpower to solve problems and ensure companies stay relevant... Governance is the enemy.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Executives are also starting to realize that Agile isn’t the only change discipline they need to drive all of their initiatives to market efficiently!! That would be like deciding that a company could eliminate Operations, Engineering, HR, and Marketing in favor of Sales, just because someone like Tony Robins makes fantastic cool-aid!
Logically companies require multiple disciplines to succeed, so it’s not irrational that they might need to employ several different change disciplines or “crafts” to drive their initiatives to market.
- Understand the Transformation Accelerator and the use case for all 7 Change disciplines.
- Achieve a basic understanding of an Agile Portfolio Management Model that has been proven to work across the fortune 1000.
- Learn why everything you thought you knew about Critical Path is wrong.
- Eliminate Risk by ACTUALLY managing to the Critical Path.
- Master the Concept of Project Team Demand Management – The Missing Half of Project Success, and …
- Learn a simple and proven approach for prioritization that works at the Portfolio, Program, Team and Personal level.
Speaker: J. Scott, CEO 120VC
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting shit done. Since starting 120VC he's personally overseen the global transformational efforts within organizations such as DirecTV, Trader Joe's, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team's unique, irreverent approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of "It's Never Just Business: It's About People," and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
It is no longer possible to register for this event