Workshop | The Art of Leading a Team that #GSD
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
In a world of Waterfall, Agile, Six Sigma, Lean, and SAFe, we are constantly in pursuit of the next new mythology. Why? Because silver bullet after silver bullet, these methodologies predominantly failed to deliver the transformational outcomes that they promised. The irony is that every single one of these methodologies created value somewhere, that’s how they got popular!
The secret is simple, in all instances where they were used to achieve transformational outcomes successfully, they were used by effective leaders, and applied to the proper use case. Having a management or executive title doesn’t make you a leader.
The reason we hear that great leaders are born and not taught is that great leadership is rare. But it doesn’t have to be… Join J. Scott, founder of 120VC, for this workshop that blends purpose-built people-centric process with simple, easy to execute leadership techniques that have all been proven to drive transformational outcomes for the Fortune 500.
This workshop is an excerpt from the 120VC Transformational Project Leadership Program, a curation of proven frameworks and outcome-based learnings into one simple, actionable standard that’s certiﬁable and adoptable, delivered in an immersive 14-week program.
- Identify the difference between a boss and a leader.
- Learn and practice the psychology of getting great results.
- Learn to be ready for anything; effective leadership requires planning, intentionality and discipline.
- Learn to use the 2x2 Prioritization Matrix, a tool for daily, weekly and monthly OUTCOME planning.
- Learn how to prepare to lead your team to a WIN with an agenda.
- Learn “Active Listening; THE secret to effective leadership, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Learn how to treat meetings like a competition and win as a team.
- Learn how to stop holding people accountable by helping team members stay accountable.
- Download a copy of the “Irreverent Guide to Project Management, An agile Approach to Enterprise Project Management” and the associated templates.
Speaker: J. Scott, CEO 120VC
From the start of his career spent jumping out of helicopters in the United States Navy, J. Scott has a long history of leadership, servanthood, and bearing witness to the transformative power of getting shit done. Since starting 120VC he's personally overseen the global transformational efforts within organizations such as DirecTV, Trader Joe's, Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and others. His team's unique, irreverent approach to change has generated breakthrough results and created meaningful jobs. In addition to being a successful entrepreneur, J. Scott is a devoted husband and father and author of "It's Never Just Business: It's About People," and "The Irreverent Guide to Project Management," both available on Amazon.com.
6 PDUs, Leadership
This workshop will be conducted via a Zoom Conference Bridge managed by 120VC and you will receive a link and password to join with your confirmation email.