PMI Phoenix Chapter
Chapter Board of Director Elections
The PMI Phoenix Chapter holds an annual election for rotating offices on the Board of Directors. If you are considering running or want more information on this year’s election review the information on this page and via the links below.
Serving on the PMI Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors takes time and dedication, but it is not without its rewards.
- Further the development and advancement of the project management profession locally in Phoenix.
- Opportunities for career visibility and leadership growth.
- Opportunity to expand your network and knowledge with other professionals.
- Access to the best practices and trends in project management.
- Have a voice in the strategic direction of the chapter.
- Earn PDUs: Category E Volunteer Service - serve as an elected volunteer officer for a project management organization including PMI chapters for a minimum of 3 months
We are currently looking for leaders to join our dynamic team to serve starting in 2021.
The current open board positions are:
- President Elect (2 years)
- Vice-President of External Relations (2 years)
- Vice-President of Technology (2 years)
- Vice President of Programs (2 years)
- Vice President of Virtual Locations (2 years)
Details of roles & responsibilities can be found here in the Board of Directors Roles and Responsibilities document.
In order to run in the election, a nominee must:
- Be a Chapter member in good standing at the time of the election
- Receive at least three nominations
- Agree to serve in the position for which he or she is nominated
- Any Chapter member in good standing may nominate another member
- A Chapter member may nominate him or herself as one of the three nominations
- The President Elect must have served 6 months as a PMI® Board member within the last two years prior to taking office.
- Nominations are submitted by an e-form, which will be opened during the nomination process window. See the timeline below for the dates.
- In case of any questions, please email email@example.com
Call for nominations May 2020:
- Nominations Committee evaluates and interviews the nominees May through June 2020
- Evaluation may include the following: Nominee’s agreement to be on ballot, Resume submission, Leadership questionnaire to be filled/submitted
- Interview from Nomination Committee
- Nominations Committee confirm nominees and request presentations June 2020
- Ballot announcement July 2020
- Nominee's presentation at July Evening Chapter Meeting: Each nominee gets 2 minutes to present in front of the chapter members
- Elections open - August 1
- Elections close - September 1
- Results Presentation at September Evening Chapter Meeting
- Transition Period (Outgoing Board ===> Incoming Board) September - December
We also need team members to help facilitate this process. It is a great way to contribute and get to know the elections process and network with other professionals. If you are interested in volunteering on the Elections Committee please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 May 2020
01 Jun 2020
30 June 2020
01 Jul 2020
15 Jul 2020
01 Aug 2020
01 Sep 2020
16 Sep 2020
01 Oct 2020