PMI Phoenix Chapter
Chapter Board of Director Elections
The PMI Phoenix Chapter holds an annual election for rotating offices on the Board of Directors. If you are considering running or want more information on this year’s election review the information on this page and via the links below.
Who? PMP supporting projects that serve educational initiatives at Arizona State University.
Why? Interest in helping others advance their career at every level, from novice to advanced members in a variety of ways. Serve on a board influencing networking and mentorship between future and minted PMPs.
What? Support growth in the ways PMI communicates and shares content with members. Develop relationships with members to hear what they want to remain the same, pitch new ideas, including how members learn best, how they receive information, and in what time frames they learn best.
How? Peer camaraderie, an approachable desire to connect with others to learn, grow, and hear what people want to share, and clear and transparent communication.
I am a Lead Project Manager for Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services.
My goal is to contribute to the enhancement of ongoing programs offered by the Phoenix PMI chapter with a focus on making members feel supported and empowered.
I have a passion for working with teams to improve and simplify business processes.
My focus is on working with team members to create efficiencies while ensuring they feel empowered to make informed decisions.
Issues and Opportunities:
○What is our post pandemic “new normal”? How will the chapter be impacted?
○Project requirements and delivery expectations are rapidly changing. How do we prepare chapter members to quickly and efficiently adapt to these changes?
B.S. Organizational Leadership with minor in Project Management. Over 18yrs in various project management and leadership roles. Works in technology / renewable energy industry
Interested in giving back. Sharing my time and experience with the organization
Coach, mentorship, leadership, organization, SharePoint & document management
1. Adjusting to the new environment of remote work
2. Reaching all members and making a valuable impact in their journey
3. Educating new and existing chapter members on the value of membership
I have been volunteering at the chapter since February 2020 and I am currently the Vice President of Professional Development. I am very involved and give back a significant amount of time. Helping and serving others is a blessing and I am seeking your vote as the Vice President of Membership.
I am running for this position because I think my level of effort and background are well suited to support the needs of the chapter and its membership.
PMI member since 2013
PMP certified 2015
CSM, CSPO, and various Microsoft certifications
Previous board member experience
My top three areas of focus:
Fiscally conservative, I will vote to ensure chapter funds are used wisely and vote no when appropriate.
Provide a guaranteed to run monthly new membership orientation and make myself available to new members on demand
Attract, onboard, and retain members.
Serving on the PMI Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors takes time and dedication, but it is not without its rewards.
- Further the development and advancement of the project management profession locally in Phoenix.
- Opportunities for career visibility and leadership growth.
- Opportunity to expand your network and knowledge with other professionals.
- Access to the best practices and trends in project management.
- Have a voice in the strategic direction of the chapter.
- Earn PDUs: Category E Volunteer Service - serve as an elected volunteer officer for a project management organization including PMI chapters for a minimum of 3 months
We are currently looking for leaders to join our dynamic team to serve starting in 2022.
The current open board positions are:
- President Elect (2 years)
- Vice-President of Finance (2 years)
- Vice-President of Membership (2 years)
- Vice-President of Professional Development (2 years)
- Vice-President of Marketing (2 years)
- Vice-President of Operations (2 years)
Details of roles & responsibilities can be found here in the Board of Directors Roles and Responsibilities document.
In order to run in the election, a nominee must:
- Be a Chapter member in good standing at the time of the election
- Receive at least three nominations
- Agree to serve in the position for which he or she is nominated
- Any Chapter member in good standing may nominate another member
- A Chapter member may nominate him or herself as one of the three nominations
- The President Elect must have served 6 months as a PMI® Board member within the last two years prior to taking office.
- Nominations are submitted by an e-form, which will be opened during the nomination process window. See the timeline below for the dates.
- In case of any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for nominations May 2021:
- Nominations Committee evaluates and interviews the nominees May through June 2021
- Evaluation may include the following: Nominee’s agreement to be on ballot, Resume submission, Leadership questionnaire to be filled/submitted
- Interview from Nomination Committee
- Nominations Committee confirm nominees and request presentations June 2021
- Ballot announcement July 2021
- Nominee's presentation at July Evening Chapter Meeting: Each nominee gets 2 minutes to present in front of the chapter members
- Elections open - August 1
- Elections close - September 1
- Results Presentation at September Evening Chapter Meeting
- Transition Period (Outgoing Board ===> Incoming Board) September - December
We also need team members to help facilitate this process. It is a great way to contribute and get to know the elections process and network with other professionals. If you are interested in volunteering on the Nominations Committee please email email@example.com.
01 May 2021
01 Jun 2021
30 June 2021
01 Jul 2021
14 Jul 2021
01 Aug 2021
01 Sep 2021
15 Sep 2021
01 Oct 2021