PMI Phoenix Chapter COVID-19 Update
Date Updated: 29 March 2020
The PMI Phoenix Chapter is committed to the safety and well-being of our community. Our Chapter Board is monitoring the situation arising from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) daily.
To assure your health and wellbeing, we have made decisions impacting several local events. We have sent email communications to those of you who registered for these events that have changed. However, here is a high-level summary of events that we changed.
PMI Phoenix Chapter Events Impacted:
- March Evening Networking Meeting (canceled)
- March PMI Phoenix Board of Directors Meeting (virtual)
- March Project Masters Toastmasters (virtual)
- March 21st - May 16th PMP Exam Preparation Study Group Series (virtual)
- March Northwest Breakfast Meeting (virtual)
- March Chandler Breakfast Meeting (canceled)
- April 1st Webinar Added (virtual)
- April 17th Scottsdale Breakfast Meeting (virtual)
- April 24th NW Breakfast Meeting (virtual)
- April 24th Chandler Breakfast Meeting (virtual)
We are evaluating events on a case-by-case basis based on location and timing. Because the situation continues to rapidly evolve, we may make further adjustments to our 2020 scheduled events, and we will continue to communicate those changes as soon as possible.
As with planning for every chapter meeting, event and activity, safety and welfare of all attendees is top of our mind. However, please follow the travel advisories and use individual discretion and an abundance of caution pertaining to worldwide travel as it relates to chapter-sponsored events.
All travelers should be aware of coronavirus preventative measures and travel advisories. Good sources of information include:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- In-country travel advisories related to the country that you are visiting
PMI's COVID-19 Update Page
PMI Roadmap Update
PMI Certification Candidates
For all certification exam candidates who are able to proceed with taking your scheduled exam, please consult test center information to your specific location at PearsonVUE’s Coronavirus Update Page as it is updated regularly.
For candidates who already scheduled the exam but are unable to take it due to health restrictions or delayed with training, PMI will offer you to reschedule your exam and will automatically extend your exam eligibility until 18 January 2021. All paid fees will be eligible for a refund and you will be able to reschedule without accruing penalty fees. We are also actively exploring and expediting solutions to offer alternative PMP® exam delivery options and will share more information as it becomes available.
For all PMP candidates, we are extending access to the current PMP exam until 31 December 2020 and postponing the launch of the new PMP exam until 2 January 2021.