Military Outreach Program
PMI supports Military, Veterans and their families.
Essential to the success of the Military Outreach program is the volunteer position of AVP of Military Outreach. We are curently seeking a dynamic volunteer to help manage and coordinate all military outreach activities for the PMI Phoenix Chapter, leading and directing the teams responsible for related Education & Career opportunities, Golf & Events, and also our Military Relationship Management. If you are available and interested, please apply at https://pmiphx.org/volunteer-application
Outreach Program Purpose
Learn about translating military experience into Project Management work experience.
- Provide networking and educational opportunities for local veterans, active duty personnel, and military spouses interested in transitioning into Project Management
- Assist local companies interested in supporting the successful transition of veterans
- Increase awareness of PMI and PMI Phoenix and contribute to community outreach
- Increase certifications of military members, through training, education, and mentorship
- Increase general membership in our local chapter
More resources are available for Military Veterans and their families at the LightBox Chapter Military Veterans Program.
- Chapter Veterans Program Flyer
- Military Program Presentation
- Preparing Military for PM Careers Training Slides
- VA Reimbursement Process Brochure
- Monthly Breakfast Meetings - West by Northwest Breakfast Meetings
- Military Mentorship Partner program with PMO Squad.
PMI Phoenix Chapter membership offers a community of like-minded professionals that can offer to mentor, help with skills identification and translation, study groups certification preparation, and finding a job.
Military & Veteran Membership Cost
Military & Veterans (including spouses) can join the PMI Phoenix Chapter at NO COST during their first year of membership.