Arizona Project of the Year Submission Deadline
Presented by the PMI Chapters of Arizona
The Arizona Project of the Year Award will:
Recognize large and complex projects that best deliver:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
- Benefits to people and communities anywhere within the State of Arizona, as well as within the Phoenix & Tucson PMI Chapter areas
Recognize the hard work of the successful project team to:
- Solve a complex problem
- Make a difference for the company, community, & consumer of the solution
Project Eligibility Criteria
- Project budget must at least US $1.0M
- Project of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors; including nonprofit and government
- Project from any geography in the State of Arizona
- Project must have been completed between 01/01/2018 and 03/31/2020
- Project submission must be completed by submission deadline of 05/31/2020
- Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation
- A project which has won the global PMI Project of the Year Award
or the PMI Project Excellence Award.
- Projects completed before the nomination deadline of 01/01/2018,
or after the final submission deadline of 05/31/2020.
- Projects with a budget less than US $1.0M.
Lead Nominator: Individual nominating the project
2020 Project of the Year Timeline
01 Nov 2019
31 May 2020
31 Aug 2020
Early Nov 2020
You Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The committee will review any project whose value and deliverables are directed wholly or in large measure to the State of AZ.
A2. Yes, provided that the deliverables can be clearly articulated and fairly assessed against other competing AZPOY nominees.
A3. The minimum threshold is defined as a project budget of least US $1.0M.
A4. Yes, provided that one or more deliverables may be discretely defined or segmented as having been completed 01/01/2018 and 03/31/2020.
A5. Yes, not-for-profit organizations are eligible.
A6. It will be difficult for the committee to properly and fairly evaluate a project of this nature.
A7. The AZPOY is presented by the PMI Phoenix Chapter and PMI Tucson Chapter, and is intended to recognize projects from throughout the State.
A8. No, there is no prize money. Trophies will be awarded to recognize recipients of the AZPOY. The AZPOY is intended to recognize large and complex projects that best deliver:
i. Superior performance of project management practices;
ii. Superior organizational results;
iii. Positive impacts on society, people, and communities within the State of Arizona.
A9. All AZPOY applications for consideration should be submitted in a PDF or Word .doc format, and address the criteria listed at www.pmiphx.org/project-of-the-year; no more than 20 pages in total.
A10. Please see the criteria listed at www.pmiphx.org/project-of-the-year.